Our ambition is to reduce the environmental impact of animal protein production in all areas (eco-systems, climate change, biodiversity, depletion of resources, pollution). All of our innovation and development projects follow our sustainability principles:
• To integrate environmental considerations as of product inception and throughout its lifecycle,
• To reduce the environmental impact of our existing entities.
It leans on the six following drivers:
• Reduce our impact on the environment in terms of climate change, air pollution, water pollution by limiting our emissions and protect our neighborhood from any nuisances
• Optimize our natural resources consumption: water, energy
• Reduce our own quantity of produced waste by supporting products reusing and waste’s recycling
• From unit design and during all the cycle life of our products, consider process, products risks and environmental impacts in order to guarantee the lowest effects on the environment
• Prepare the organization for potential emergency situations management
• Minimize risk by investigation of near-misses and incidents
Renewed commitment to the planet
Climate change is one of the major challenges facing society on which we must act as quickly as possible, and is a central concern for Adisseo
For several years, Adisseo has adopted ambitious objectives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions linked to its activities in terms of intensity (-20% between 2015 and 2025) and in absolute terms (-2.5% per year).
At the beginning of 2021, Adisseo committed to contribute to the collective objective of carbon neutrality by 2050. 8 avenues have been defined:
- Ensuring the energy efficiency of our processes.
- Using renewable or decarbonised energy.
- Improving material yields and developing low-carbon processes through technological breakthroughs.
- Using biosourced raw materials.
- Promoting a circular economy and recycling.
- Aiming for less environmentally impactful and optimised logistics.
- Developing CO2 capture, use and storage.
- Developing products and services whose use contributes to the environment
Actions are already underway in several of these areas. Adisseo is carrying out studies with several of its customers to demonstrate the positive impact of its nutritional field both in the composition of feeds and on farms.
Supply of electricity from nuclear sources -90,000 tons of indirect GHG emissions
saved in 2021 by the site of Nanjing
The earth is
warmer than it was at the start of the industrial revolution.
On the current path of CO2 emissions, the global temperature is expected to increase
by 3 to 5°C by the end of century.