Team and Science Manager R&I Health by Nutrition
Job family : Research & Innovation |
Position : Research & Innovation |
Area : France |
Region : To be defined : Commentry / Antony / Lyon |
Contract : Permanent position |
Job area & mission:
Adisseo is a global leader in animal nutrition. Within Adisseo, the Research & Innovation for Nutrition and Animal Health (R&I NUTSA) is responsible for the scientific proofs and excellence regarding Adisseo’s innovation programs and projects.
Within the framework of strategic R&I orientations and defined objectives, the Manager ensures the management of the team “Health by Nutrition” (HbN).
He/she is responsible for proposing and leading research and development programs in order to develop new products and services (Projects), to develop knowledge in the field of health by nutrition (Discovery), to provide scientific support to the Business Unit (Development).
The Manager represents the scientific vision in the field of Health by Nutrition:
- Ensures scientific and technical excellence in the programs of the Health by Nutrition team
- Is responsible for scientific programs allowing to enlarge the Innovation portfolio
- Is responsible for the definition of R&D projects for the Health through Nutrition team.
- He/she is the responsible for the progress of the Projects , respecting time, budget and scientific rigour
- Leads or participates in projects related to Adisseo’s innovation, product and service portfolio
- Ensures scientific and technical monitoring: scientific literature, customers knowledge
- Develops technical and scientific communication to contribute to the brand image of Adisseo
- Develops his/her knowledge of customers’ needs
- Ensures for the HbN team the analysis of current and future partnerships
- Develops effective collaborations with the other teams of the R&I NUTSA
- Leads the development of the team. Designs the necessary competences in adequation with its necessary resources (feed formulation, feed application technologies, evaluation and prediction tools, customer services and support)
- Manages the team, comprising team animation and alignment, goal setting and evaluation, development of the team, trainings and all other relevant team management topics
- Direct reports today 3 FTE, team to be further developpes
- Internal: Adisseo R&I teams, business unit, market access, controlling, legal affairs, marketing, IP counsel
- External: Academia, Key Opinion Leaders, strategic partners of Adisseo, Adisseo customers,
- Good understanding of animal nutrition and/or animal health. Focus on gut health and/or gut microbial ecology of monogastric species is a considerable plus
- Proven track record of scientific work
- Has developed a strong scientific network
- Team and budget management
- Good knowledge of project management tools and practices including risk management and prioritisation
- Teaching and knowledge transfer skills
- Persuasive and convincing argumentation, good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills (understanding, team spirit)
- Curious, able to challenge status quo, innovation spirit
- Solution and results driven
- PhD in animal nutrition and/or health or equivalent
- 5y+ experience in working within a R&D team. Team management experience is a considerable plus.
English: fluent, French and/or Chinese would be a plus