Sales Manager Germany
Job family : Business Development |
Position : Sales |
Area : Germany |
Region : Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway |
Contract : CDI |
Mission and main stakes
A member of the Adisseo European team, the SM is responsible to develop Adisseo turnover and market shares in the Area. Moreover, the SM has the full responsibility to achieve the Performance Products profitability objectives and is co-responsible to reach the Specialty Products sales target.
To achieve objectives, the SM will be responsible for managing key accounts in the area, maintaining a long-term relationship with accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within them. That will remain as one of the SM’s main missions. The SM will serve to understand the customer’s demands, plan how to meet these demands, and generate sales for the company as a result.
The SM will coordinate resources starting with the management of exclusive and non-exclusive distributors and agents in the Area. The SM will organize Technologists and Specialty Tech Sales Managers activities in the field and will get the support from Product Managers and Technical Advisers. Accordingly, the SM will be in charge of designing the appropriate action plan customer by customer for the assigned area. Among other means, the action plan will be followed through projects; the SM will have the responsibility to create those projects, to share them and to obtain the commitment and agreements from the other members of the team working in the same territory.
Therefore the SM will engage in a variety of tasks including project management, coordination, strategic planning, relationship management, negotiation, leadership and innovative development of opportunities, and keeping record of transaction of sale and purchase Adisseo products.
- To analyze Feed Market, growth perspectives, opportunity and threat in the territory.
- To act as the key interface between the customer, the distributor/agent and all relevant divisions of Adisseo
- To develop unique ways to grow the business with distributors/agents and customers and provide solutions to management in the face of challenges
- To apply strictly the commercial policy following management guidelines on prices, volumes and credit management but detecting opportunities and using Adisseo unique product line leverage
- To determine Payment terms with Credit Manager and necessary credit line for the achieving objectives
- To insure payment collection in relationship with the customer service and the Credit Manager in order to limit overdue.
- To forecast accurately, and on a monthly basis, sales of all Adisseo product line in the Area
- To plan and manage Adisseo product sales at the level of the Area for all accounts, through Distributors or not, to execute and achieve the Area business plans.
- To evaluate and assess the overall effectiveness and also give pertinent suggestion about resources allocation and particularly at the distributors/agents level
- To manage Adisseo and distributor/agent relationships applying contract terms and clauses
- To write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business in the Area.
- To master key technical messages, value propositions, positioning and target customers regarding Adisseo product line and services.
- To understand the decision making process of the customers and especially of the key accounts.
- To control and manage the overall expenditures in the Area to promote Adisseo brands and products
- To understand the matrix of players in animal, feed and premix production in the Area; the relations between different players within the Area and their influence on a country, European or global level
- To keep the distributors and/or agents up-dated on the Adisseo corporate information
- To attend and participate in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- To report any information of possible interest for the rest of Adisseo, distributor and/or agent in particular on competitor products, pricing and marketing strategies
- Degree in business, marketing or related field or Agri/Agro engineering
- Experience: 5 to 10 years in sales and ideally in the feed industry
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision making
- Time management
- Language (minimum requirement):