Replenishment and Buyer Officer
Job family : Operations |
Position : Logistics |
Area : United Kingdom |
Region : Chester |
Contract : Permanent position |
- To Oversee the purchasing and release of a defined raw material portfolio, to ensure that the production facility has the necessary raw materials to produce Palatability and Apex products.
- In reference to the production plan, analyze supply and sourcing data.
- Follow up existing and potential new suppliers, to source current and new raw materials and packaging.
- Take the lead in supply & sourcing for all product categories for UK site.
- Analyze and follow up supply & purchasing requirements.
- Take initiatives to secure supply, sourcing and operational purchasing for the UK plant.
- Act as operational Buyer for the related SPE Raw materials including requesting quotes & benchmarking suppliers, contracting, data entry in ERP-system, placing orders, follow up deliveries, approve invoices.
- Maintain inventories to the strategic minimum and avoid blocked working capital of stocks is expending uncontrolled.
- Act as sparring partner to managers worldwide.
- Negotiation of purchase prices and purchase conditions with domestic suppliers and suppliers abroad.
- Cooperate with other departments (product management, business development, production, supply chain, quality, purchase). Answer the needs of (internal) stakeholders and business partners in terms of functionality, quality, volume, time and costs.
- Support the QA/QC Manager in case of complaints related to purchased goods.
- Participate in the preparation of the yearly budgeting.
- Implement and ensure good filing practices on the server and where applicable in the Adisseo portal.
- Respect good practices in line with the operational objectives of the business.
- Act with integrity in line with company code of conduct.
- Report through a set of KPIs in line with the general business objectives and personal objectives.
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Work in matrix organization and network
- Ability to work independently and be results driven
- Experimented Bachelor in Supply Chain, Purchasing, Business Management, Operations Management
- Some years of experience in Purchasing gained in similar industries
- Language knowledge English: fluent speaking & writing additional language an advantage
- Practical knowledge of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of ERP is a plus (e.g. SAP / Exact)