Regional Technical Manager Sub-Saharan Africa
Job family : Business Development |
Position : Sales |
Area : South Africa |
Region : MEA |
Contract : CDI |
The Regional Technical Manager is in charge of the technical support of Adisseo product & service portfolio in the assigned Area: Sub-Saharan Africa.
The RTM support will consist in training Adisseo sales and marketing forces and contribute to train partners (distributors and agents). The RTM will speak and present the technical specificities of the products to conferences, congresses and any other professional events. The RTM will help the sales forces in explaining and convincing customers and prospects in the values of Adisseo products and services.
The RTM will also be in charge of supporting and developing the technical network in the sub-region through contacts with Key Opinion Leaders based on mutual expertise recognition and trust.
The RTM defines and implements technical action plans to provide the most appropriate technical support to customers and partners for the existing product line. The RTM will actively contribute in the achievement of sales objectives in the sub-region together with the Country Managers, the Specialty Technical Sales managers and the partners’ sales force.
Besides, the RTM has a key role to play being the relay of Adisseo R&D department in the field. The RTM will have the responsibility not only to carry out appropriate trials to demonstrate product features and superiority but also to adapt the technical offer to fit customer expectations. Always in contact with customers, experts, KOLs, scholar… the RTM may also be at the origin of new ideas, concepts and services.
The RTM will be a key provider of needs for R&D departments and adapting the technical offer to fit the customer value.
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Transversal position directly and strongly interacting with numerous professions and interlocutors
- Solid intercultural management capacities
- To coordinate technically the network of Specialty Technical Sales Managers (STSM’s), Area Managers, Country managers and Global/Regional Category Managers and contributes, with the STSM’s to the training of the technical managers of our distributors and agents
- To adapt technical presentations, messages and services to the different segment of customers and countries in interaction with the Global/Regional Category Manager
- To support the STSM’s and sales team with GKA and in specific cases to contribute to the success of the sales
- To remain the preferred contact with the KOL of the different countries/together with the local Adisseo representative or partner
- To develop the knowledge of the area in a customer centric way
- To interact with Marketing and R&D to optimize the knowledge and consideration of customer needs in the innovation dynamic
- To develop his/her external network with key opinion leaders and consultants in line with the business strategy
- To act as a guest speaker to workshops and external conferences
- To write scientific and technical articles in professional and international press
- To propose, implement, pilot and follow-up development trials for new specialties
- To ensure the reporting and the communication of the trials’ results to internal and external technical sales network
The RTM is accountable for
- Training technically the Adisseo sales and marketing forces, and the distributor/agent representatives in collaboration with the STSM’s
- Defining and providing technical services and support to customers, distributors and agents
- Elaborating and follow up technical action plans with both HQ and regions to develop and consolidate the products and services
- HQ level: R&D, Regulatory affairs, Lab, BUs and Global Category Managers, global marketing, global RTM network
- Regional level: STSM, Area Managers, Country Managers, Regional Category Managers, Technologists
- External: KOL, GKA and key customers, agents & distributors, …
- Degree in Animal Nutrition, Agriculture Engineering, Veterinary medicine DVM
- Confirmed experience in formulation as Formulator / Nutritionist / Technical Manager within an industrial firm specialized in animal feed: feed manufacturer, premixer, feed additives
- Animal Physiology and animal health strong knowledge
- Strong swine nutrition and husbandry knowledge
- Strong ability to adapt to changing situations (multicultural and multi knowledge levels interlocutors)
- Ability to define, implement and follow a nutrition trial protocol on animals
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- The position will be located ideally in the assigned area
- At least 70% of the time travelling