Job family : Research & Innovation | Position : Research & Innovation | Area : Singapore | Region : singapore | Contract : Permanent position |
Welcome Diversity ! At Adisseo, we cherish value of your diversity, gender, seniority, disability, culture
We are looking for self-motivated, skilled people to take us to the next stage of our development; you are able to work effectively with limited supervision, to take initiatives and to thrive as a research technician in our recent established experimental aquaculture station located on St John Island, Singapore.
You will be comfortable looking after aquatic animals (Shrimps, marine fish), feeding, cleaning, maintaining RAS system, water quality and you will also be capable of handling data collection, recording and statistical analysis. You will report to the Head of Experimentation, and work with the support of a large research community & support team worldwide.
Responsibilities & duties
- Conduct daily R&D tasks which can include transport and quarantine of live animals, observing, feeding, samplings, collection of feces samples (for digestibility trials), water quality monitoring and supervision of the experimental units;
- Keep accurate record keeping of experimental data, data analysis and basic statistics;
- Conduct routine and preventative maintenance and inventory of various live support systems (tanks, sensors, filters, feeders) and “troubleshooting” basic issues during experimental trials;
- Ensure and implement good biosafety practices;
- Sample animal, basic dissection of tissues, preparation and processing of biological and feed samples; An experience of lab practices is a plus;
- Ensuring facility safety, cleanliness, inventories and experimental systems are well maintained;
- Preparation of animal test diets in collaboration with SFA feed manufacturing team;
- Willing to work on week-end shifts (minimum twice a month).
skills & experience
- Degree (e.g., B.Sc.) in biology, aquaculture, or related discipline.
- Diploma in aquaculture or related fields.
- Previous full-time experience working in a research laboratory or aquaculture facility preferably with shrimp or marine fish
- Experience in recirculation systems, fish husbandry, fish farming, animal handling is a plus
- Experience in scientific data management and statistical analysis
- Understanding of water quality management in aquaculture
- Understanding of basic requirements for biosecurity and ability to work in compliance with safety and regulatory policies.
- Ability to work as part of a team, proactive spirit and strong oral and written communication skills (English).