Open Innovation – Business Analyst – DIGITAL- Precision Livestock Farming
Job family : Research & Innovation |
Position : Research & Innovation |
Area : To be defined |
Region : To be défined |
Contract : Permanent position |
Reporting to the Senior Global Director – Head of Innovation and M&A, the position will:
- Study, monitor and investigate themes deﬁned by InnovL@b’ s strategy, in particular Digital – Precision Lifestock Farming (PLF).
- Scout and evaluate early-stage startups and disruptive digital technologies in the PLF
- Recommend potential Precision Livestock Farming (PLF) projects for the internal selection process and manage approved
- Evaluate the value creation potential of start-up-based digital / PLF disruptive technologies within the poultry, swine, dairy, and aqua markets for Adisseo and its
- Assess the disruptive competitive advantages of the proof of concept, technology, and/or start-up compared to existing solutions by consulting with the internal R&D /Marketing group and external
- Evaluate potential leads for qualiﬁcation and propose candidates to enter the project pipeline for internal development or
- Manage the relationship with external strategic partners (e.g., start-ups, industry associations, key customers, VCs, fund managers, AgTech event organizers, internal stakeholders).
- Co-lead follow-up project work with strategic partners for potential investment and
- Ensure timely evaluation and delivery of
- Collaborate with the team to exchange ideas on projects and start-ups.
- Engage with SBUs and commercial teams to understand internal and customer’s pain points.
- Act as the main liaison for a given geography and the Digital/ PLF
- Business objective: achieve collaboration with startups of interest to impact our P&L and long-term strategy.
- Shows an entrepreneurial mindset by taking and managing ambitious but realistic risks
- Has the ability to cope with
- Fosters intellectual curiosity to generate concrete ideas and results
- Possesses knowledge of the feasibility / exploratory study process
- Can interpret information and generate insights to arrive at a recommendation
- Has a willingness to learn through experience
- Has the ability to manage cross-functional networks
- Demonstrates the ability to inspire and motivate people to learn about and invest in digital technologies
- Can anticipate regulatory, societal, and technological changes
- Can borrow best practices from other industries and contexts
- Can build global vision and multicultural awareness
- Can discern the key points related to an opportunity
- Can adapt through feedback and demonstrate ﬂexibility
- Has a strong digital mindset
- Project management
- 2-3 years’ experience with top consulting ﬁrms in strategy and/or M&A.
- Prior exposure to digital technologies in
- Experience with market research tools and in gathering insights from data
- Experience in performing strategic analysis including collecting business overview information, presenting market dynamics (market size, customers, suppliers, other key players), pain points, solutions (and why this solution is superior and disruptive), business model (go to market and monetization), IP, competitive landscape, and evaluating strategic partnership potential.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- MBA with a focus on economics, ﬁnance, or agribusiness is desired
- Animal science / agro / vet experience is a plus
- Fluency in English