Monogastric Technical Adviser
Job family : Business Development |
Position : Sales |
Area : France |
Region : Southern Europe: France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece |
Contract : Permanent position |
Mission and main stakes
The Technical Adviser (TA) is in charge of the technical support of Adisseo product & service portfolio in the following countries: Southern Europe: France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece with a significant part of his operational activities dedicated to Feed Digestibility and Methionine categories of products.
The technical Adviser support consists in training Adisseo sales and marketing forces and contributes to train partners (distributors and agents). The TA is speaking & presenting the technical specificities of the products to conferences, congresses and any other professional events. The TA helps the sales forces in explaining and convincing customers and prospects in the values of Adisseo products and services.
The TA is also in charge of supporting and developing the technical network in the sub-region through contacts with Key Opinion Leaders based on mutual expertise recognition and trust.
The TA defines and implements technical action plans in collaboration with the sales team to provide the most appropriate technical support to customers and partners for the existing product line. The TA actively contributes in the achievement of sales objectives in the sub-region together with the Country Managers, the Specialty Technical Sales Managers and the partners’ sales force.
Besides, the TA has a key role to play being the relay of Adisseo R&D department in the field. The TA has the responsibility not only to carry out appropriate trials to demonstrate product features and superiority but also to adapt the technical offer to fit customer expectations. Always in contact with customers, experts, KOLs, scholar… the TA may also be at the origin of new ideas, concepts and services.
The TA is a key provider of needs for R&D departments & adapting the technical offer to fit the customer value.
- The Position
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Transversal position directly and strongly interacting with numerous professions and interlocutors.
- Solid intercultural management capacities
- Train technically the Specialty Technical Sales Managers (STSM), Area Sales Managers and contribute with the local team to the training of the technical managers of our distributors and agents.
- Adapt technical presentations, messages and services to the different segment of customers and countries in interaction with the product manager.
- Support the sales team with GKA and specific cases to contribute to the success of the sales.
- Preferred contact with the KOL of the different countries/together with the local person.
- Develop the knowledge of the area in a customer centric way.
- Interact with Marketing and R&D to optimize the knowledge and consideration of customer needs in the innovation dynamic.
- Develop his external network with key opinion leaders and consultants in line with the business strategy.
- Act as a guest speaker to workshops and external conferences.
- Write scientific and technical articles in professional and international press.
- Propose, implement, pilot and follow-up development trials for new specialties.
- Ensure the reporting and the communication of the trials’ results to internal & external technical sales network.
The TA is accountable for
- Train technically the Adisseo sales and marketing forces, and the distributor/agent representatives in collaboration with the local sales team.
- Define and provide technical services and support to customers, distributors and agents
- Elaborate and follow up technical action plans with both HQ and regions to develop and consolidate the products and services
HQ level: R&D, Regulatory affairs, Lab, BUs and product managers, global marketing, global technical adviser network
- Regional level: STS, area sales managers, product managers, technologists
- External: KOL, GKA and key customers, agents & distributors…
- Degree in Animal Nutrition, Agriculture Engineering.
- Confirmed experience in formulation as Formulator / Nutritionist / Technical Manager within an industrial firm specialized in animal feed: feed manufacturer, premixer, feed additives.
- Strong poultry and swine nutrition and husbandry knowledge.
- Strong ability to adapt to changing situations (multicultural and multi knowledge levels interlocutors)
- Ability to define, implement and follow a nutrition trial protocol on animals.
- Animal Physiology knowledge and animal health knowledge would be a plus.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- The position will be located in France or South Europe.
- At least 60% of the time travelling.