Group HSE Director F/M
Job family : Support Functions | Position : QHSE and Lab | Area : France | Region : Antony | Contract : Permanent position |
Welcome Diversity! At Adisseo, we cherish value of your diversity, gender, seniority, disability, culture.
Reporting to the Executive VP Strategy, Sustainable Development & Safety, the Group HSE Director F/M is responsible for the design, implementation, communication, and coordination of all Environmental, Health, and Safety programs for the company:
- Directs the resources and activities of the Company to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the Management;
- Continually maintains an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge, and preparedness across the Company to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE;
- Reviews existing HSE policies and practices of the Company to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Ensures compliance with regional, state, and local environmental health and safety regulations
- Leads the Group crisis management organization
- A global network of Environmental, Health, and Safety operational Directors/managers within the group, with a dotted reporting line
- A network of process safety experts
- A network of SD experts developing new process and technologies to reduce the carbon footprint of Adisseo operations
- Functional management of the network
- Defines, Organizes and Supervises the roles & responsibilities of the HSE network
- Contributes to the hiring and the performance evaluation of the key HSE leaders
- Conducts HSE staff potential evaluations and proposes people development programs that are timely and constructive.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments in environmental and safety fields, and changes in laws and regulations. This may include actively pursuing training opportunities and attending trade conferences.
- Prepares, presents, implements and monitors the annual budget for the department;
- Health and safety
- Define and Develops the Group HSE management principles, policies and practices Ensures that all procedures and documentation ( ie material safety data sheets) are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Prepares and schedules training to cover crisis management, emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Proceeds to facility HSE visits / inspections to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Drafts inspection reports to document visit/ inspection findings.
- Analyzes work environments to identify environmental risks; prioritizes and applies appropriate control mechanisms to address each concern.
- Ensures compliance with environmental and safety regulations at the international organization and different states regulations by developing new, or enhancing existing, policies and programs.
- Define ambitious targets to reduce Adisseo Environmental footprint
- Collaborates with management and supervisors to develop and deploy emission reduction programs
- Creates measurable objectives to evaluate the success of related programs.
- Establishes industrial sustainability project goals, objectives, and strategies; creates and implements plans for related projects, in coordination with CINATECH.
- Evaluates sustainability initiatives considering factors such as cost and feasibility, part of strategic CAPEX review.
- Reports and communicates on sustainability initiatives and their effectiveness and environmental impact.
- Identifies and obtains resources needed to develop sustainability programs or projects.
- Secures funding for SD projects by developing and submitting grant applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of HSE regulations, policies and requirement
- Thorough understanding of the management of chemical and hazardous materials.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Languages: Fluent English mandatory. French and/or Chinese and/or Spanish are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Education & experience:
- Master’s degree, engineering level desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in the chemical industry, including HSE and direct leadership on operations in a multi-site & multicultural environment.