Category Buyer Raw materials -Feed additives
Job family : Support Functions |
Position : Purchasing |
Area : Spain |
Region : Barbastro/Huesca - Spain |
Contract : Permanent position |
As Buyer, reporting to and under the responsibility of the Purchasing Manager Specialties Sites, you are in charge of sourcing and purchasing a portfolio of raw materials for the Specialties Business Unit.
You will focus mainly on Adisseo BE-UK-ES, where you prepare and follow up the negotiations and contracting with the suppliers under end-responsibility of the Purchase Manager Specialties Sites.
As Buyer, you support the Purchasing Manager by analyzing existing and potential new suppliers, by sourcing of raw materials for the specialties sites and Categories you are responsible for and by participating in new procurement projects. You assist the Purchasing manager in defining purchasing strategies, addressing purchase, procurement and sourcing issues in a satisfactory manner.
You will mainly focus on Feed Additive categories: Health by Nutrition, Palatability, Feed Preservation and may also focus on Mycotoxin Management, Ruminants, Aqua.
- Take the lead in sourcing raw materials ( carriers, organic acids, botanicals, plant extracts, flavors) for Categories
- Follow the purchasing policy within your scope of responsibility, implement savings, and participate to the TCO optimization for your raw materials while securing the supply of these raw materials for the different plant sites under your scope.
- Act as Buyer for Specialties Raw materials and as member of Adisseo purchasing network.
- Take initiatives and secure operational purchasing responsibilities for the specialties plant to keep production running.
- Ensure supply base is in line with Adisseo’s needs.
- Ensure good relationships are kept with suppliers worldwide.
- Analyze purchasing requirements for raw materials based on forecasted demands generated by Supply Chain-manufacturing.
- Follow up market trends, visit fairs and carry out proper market research to define and implement best sourcing and purchasing strategy.
- Assist the Purchase Manager in developing Category purchase strategies and Category action plans by contributing data and information and act as sparring partner.
- Perform Safety / Health / Environment assessments or audits where applicable.
- Perform CSR audits and assessments where applicable.
- Prepare dossiers, organize the price offering process, benchmarks and tenders.
- Negotiate best purchase prices and purchase conditions with domestic suppliers and suppliers abroad.
- Cooperate with other departments . Answer the needs of internal stakeholders and business partners in terms of functionality, quality, time and costs.
- Support the QA/QC Manager in case of complaints related to purchased goods.
- Align purchasing actions with the plans of the Global Category manager(s) or other internal stakeholders.
- Participate in preparing the purchasing budget while the Purchasing Manager remains the end responsible.
- Secure good filing and document saving on the server and where applicable on the Adisseo purchase portal.
- Respect good purchasing practices in line with the operational objectives of the business.
- Act as back-up for other Category Buyer(s). Build a mutual supportive relationship with Purchase prganization.
- Act in an integer and decent way in line with code of conduct.
- Report to the Purchasing Manager through a set of KPIs in line with the general business objectives and personal purchasing objectives.
- Manage contracts under your responsibility, at the best cost, and ensure the smooth running of operations while looking for opportunities of improvements in TCO and Cost/Value.
- Experimented Bachelor or Young Master degree in Purchasing, Business Management, Operations Management or having at least equivalent work experience.
- Some years of experience in Purchasing of raw materials gained in similar industries ideally: feed additives, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, chemistry, spices, flavors, food, cosmetics
- Basic knowledge of the specific raw materials of the categories mentioned above is clearly a plus
- Good analytical skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Practical knowledge of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of ERP is a plus (e.g. SAP / Exact)
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Able to communicate fluently oral and in writing in both languages. French is a plus.
Flexible attitude and willing to travel once and a while abroad