BUSINESS MANAGER EUROPE – MICROVIT
Job family : Business Development |
Position : Sales |
Area : To be defined |
Region : Belgium/Netherlands/Germany |
Contract : Permanent position |
In the team of the Regional Business Manager Europe/CIS – MEA, a commercial (Sales & Marketing) team member of the SBU Microvit, the BM is responsible to implement the commercial strategies in the defined areas, developing the Microvit market share in the defined areas in line with Regional Business Manager Europe/CIS – MEA to ensure profitability for the business.
Localisation : Belgium/Netherlands/Germany
In the defined geographical zone, the BM is in direct contact with the main Microvit customers (including distributors) and works closely with the Regional Business Manager Europe/CIS-MEA, Area Sales Managers, Europe Regional Team (Supply Chain, Quality & Regulatory, Marketing, and Technical) & relevant SBU functions (Supply Chain, Quality & Regulatory, Purchasing).
- Focus on three areas: Northern Europe/Central Europe/CIS
- Ensure profitable and sustainable sales of the SBU and to reach the annual Budget/Commercial Targets for his three areas; Review area sales & margins of Microvit clients on a monthly basis and adjust commercial plans to improve margins.
- Commercial Activities: sell directly to major Microvit Key Accounts customers (including Distributors) in the defined areas and working closely with Area Sales Managers to ensure defined sales objectives (Budget, Target & Forecast) are attained.
- Build the monthly forecast for Microvit in the defined areas, analyse the sales and margins for Microvit account and build relative action plans to reach the validated forecast
- Market Intelligence monitoring of market trends via internal and external networks (Feedinfo, Traders, key accounts, etc.) regarding competition, supply, demand and prices. Update real time market information on Salesforce and SharePoint. Analyse market trend, look for new competition or change in competition to adapt Microvit Area tactic.
- Build Sales Budget for the areas with RBM Europe/CIS – MEA, Regional Director, Area Sales Managers, Sales Teams, Supply Chain Manager ensuring adequate resources are allocated to deliver the commercial target. Follow up on achievement of Budget (Sales volume, price, margins), KPIs, identify risks and follow up action plans to close gaps.
- Responsible for Customer Segmentation by reviewing on annual basis and updated in Salesforce in close co-ordination with SBU Commercial Director and Area Sales Managers so as to determine local commercial strategy & tactics and deliverance of the action plans for the targets.
- Reinforce Regional Marketing Positions working closely with regional marketing & technical team in line with SBU Marketing Plan to reinforce the Microvit brand. Adapt product positioning and communication campaigns to differentiate Microvit products. Communicate directly to regional Microvit key accounts and support Area Sales Managers to implement action plans, marketing tools and training of distributors/agents.
- Digitalisation Tools for Effective Business Management Ensuring timely and effective usage of online tools (SharePoint, Salesforce & OneNote) to better manage and share information globally in SBU and regions.
- Align Commercial Targets & Incentives with the strategy of the Europe Region.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Forecast accuracy and achievement
- Sales Turnover & Margins
- Direct Shipment from Hubs
- Competitive Intelligence (Monthly and Yearly Data & Tactics)
WORK REQUIREMENTS & RELATIONSHIPS
- Direct Reports: Yes (Regional Business Manager Microvit Europe/Middle East Africa)
- Travel: France (Antony) + 40% to 50% of work month
- Internal Interfaces:
- Regional Business Manager Europe/CIS – MEA
- SBU: Commercial Director, Supply Chain Manager, Quality & Regulatory Manager, Technical & Marketing Manager, Purchasing Manager.
- Region: Regional Director, Area Sales Managers, Sales Team, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance, Technical & Marketing.
- Internal: Market Access, Legal, Production
- External: Clients, Distributors, Agents, Regional KOLs, press & journalists
- Master degree in Animal Nutrition, Husbandry or Business Management
- 2 to 5 years relevant working experience in vitamins or commodity trading business. Knowledge of feed industry, feed additives (amino acids, vitamins & minerals) a plus.
- Fluent written & spoken English and German/Dutch, where applicable.
- Project Management skills
- Ability to work with digital tools (or after training) Microsoft Office, SharePoint, OneNote and Salesforce.
- Customer & Sales Focus
- Results Oriented
- Leadership skills to work in matrix organisation even without direct reports
- Communication skills to be able to work across transverse geographies.
- Ability to Analyse, Summarise and Conceptualise business ideas and objectives, to lead cross functional teams and external parties to deliver commercial targets.
- Autonomous with lots of energy & driven to work in fast moving business environment