Applications Technician F/M
Job family : Business Development | Position : Technical sales | Area : United Kingdom | Region : Chester | Contract : Permanent position |
Welcome Diversity ! At Adisseo, we cherish value of your diversity, gender, seniority, disability, culture.
Member of the Technical/Market Access team, the Applications Technician’s main role is as follow :
- Quality control testing of raw materials and finished products.
- Documentation/Monitoring and all Quality Control activities including raw materials, concentrates and finished product (Palatability/Apex)
- Ensuring laboratory stocks are adequate.
- Support the sales function regarding samples and application work.
- Support the product development/innovation projects and supply chain function
He/She should participate to provide the necessary support to the various stake holders to enable the smooth running of the Chester laboratory ensuring all activities are carried out safely and in a timely manner.
Location of the position : Chester (UK)
- Sample preparation and dispatch in support of sales including customer applications
- Responsible for ensuring adequate stocks are available to produce samples.
- QC testing of raw materials concentrates and finished products.
- Liaise with Contract manufacturer on Quality issues, supporting the QA function.
- Testing of product Quality incidents and complaints ensuring accurate documentation and testing to support the investigation process.
- Cooperate with other departments (product management, business development, production, supply chain, quality, purchasing). Answer the needs of (internal) stakeholders and business partners in terms of functionality and Q C support.
- Support the Technical Manager re product development (sample preparation, GC Testing)
- Implement and ensure good filing practices on the server and where applicable in the Adisseo portal.
- Respect good practices in line with the operational objectives of the business.
- Act with integrity in line with company code of conduct.
- Academic degree in chemistry + knowledge of the Aroma Chemical industry
- Knowledge and/or 1st experience of Quality Control systems preferably in the feed industry
- Fluent English required, additionally language would be a strong plus
- Practical knowledge of MS Office programs + knowledge of an ERP would be a plus (SAP / Exact…)
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization in a multicultural environment, with cross-functional interfaces
- Excellent communication skills– oral, written, and ability to interact with other members of the Technical/Sales team and with external network (customers, partners…)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to be results driven.